Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sabado relajante

Frank says the week flew by. I say the week dragged but the semester is flying. Just had breakfast with my mom. Life has changed. Ten years ago she was my number one enemy, today she's my spine. I'm listening to Tupac's Greatest Hits album, "I get around" is on. I'm back in '96 big time.

Today, in about two hours, my body will extract a pint of blood from a plucked vein. It's been 56 days and the NY Blood Center seems to have me on speed-dial. It's all good. I find it funny that the site is inside the Citigroup building. I'm donating at a bank, hardy har har. It was funnier in my head.

The week was fruitful. Slowly I'm letting go of fears and insecurities that were so ingrained I thought they were facets of my personality. I still feel like my true self wears twenty North Face coats, mittens, and earmuffs for a winter ended a long time ago. And I know this but I keep it all on for security, precaution, and isolation. It's all a process though, a trip with an irrelevant destination. Let get outta here and go give away my sangre, gresan, ergnas, my gotas of me. Its wild to think that there are folks somewhere walking about with some of me inside of them.

No comments: