Friday, November 25, 2005

eskul estatus: NYC Latin Alternative music paper

A few days ago I gave a sweet schpiel about learning and procrastinating and while I still agree with it, as I sit here working on a year-old paper I feel like I rather be cutting off my left pinky. This Latin alternative music paper me tiene una teta hinchada, as Mami would say. It was due at the end of the fall 2004 semester but after months of anxiety-filled days and nights, and two computer crashes (one a night before the paper was due) here I am. I really truly do care about submitting something worthwhile that does more than just fulfull the minimum page length but sometimes I get so frustrated and stuck.

My old shrink would say that during these times I should "pedal faster and harder," beyond the frustration and try to concentrate on something else. But it isn't that easy. Right now I feel like I'm in a locked revolving door and schoolwork stuff, friend stuff, and my own stuff are surrounding me and I can't seem to access any of it. And any definitive action is inevitably the wrong one kinda like a faulty Jenga that'll always fall.

No comments: