Thursday, November 24, 2005

Time to give thanks


I'm thankful for my self: for enduring all of my self-abuse and still allowing me to be well and continue to realize my worth. I'm thankful for of my beautiful friends, family, and city. For Sunnyside and PS 150. For the 15th Street Meeting House. For silence. For Bustelo coffee and oven toasted toast. For Howard Stern and Big-Foot, the dog I walk last night (pictured right with Fox 5's Penny Crone). For my hands and my feet. For water. For Professor Serrin, Patty, and Maritza and every other dedicated person that makes NYU actually be home. For music. For public libraries and give-away piles. I'm thankful for my Dominican niece and my Harlem nephew. I'm thankful for that moment right after I think things could never be better and something happens that proves me wrong. For all of the amazing NY Cares volunteers. For honesty and truth. For my parents, teachers, mentors, and fellow humans. For amazing conversation. And all-night dancing. For nice people. And new friends, old friends, new old friends, and old new friends. For watching infomercials and Univision at 5:00 a.m. with Mexican rockstars. For the Bulgarian bar. For the awareness of how rich I am. For ugly beauty and beautiful ugliness. For Jupiter's OCD. And Dannyboy's huge feet. For the sun setting on the Seine. For Evelyn's attention. Frank's stories and his listening. For Mami.

No comments: