Saturday, May 20, 2006

Eugenia Last, you talkin' to me?

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Someone from your past can play a prominent role in your life today.

Today I received a classmates.com quicknote from my high school frenemy. Well we were mostly friends, but we definitely had our moments. Much of it was due to our school being a homogeneous environment where two girls from similar geographic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds inevitably had to outdo the other in order to be liked by (read: amuse) the cool kids and upperclassmen.

I'm not sure how prominent the role will be but considering the lengthy and complicated (as if there was such a thing as an uncomplicated high school thing) past we share, I'm pretty sure this'll stir up some of that lingering emotional detritus.

I sent a note back. Unless you subscribe to their site your choices are pretty wack. This is what I had to choose from:

Just wanted to say "hi." Drop me a note and let me know how you've been. (This is the one she sent me. I thought it'd be weird to reply with it, so I chose the last one.)

I'm so glad to see your name here—it's been too long. Send me a message!

Are you going to the reunion this year? Send me a note and let me know.

Hey, it's been a while! What's going on? Let's get back in touch. (But now I regret it. Whatever, it's done. No sense lamenting sent quicknotes. Ugh, I hate being a premature quicknoter...)

No comments: