Friday, October 06, 2006

Back from Battery Park City, which is the area west of the Westside Hwy by the WTC. It's so idllylic there. High-rises with names like The Solaire and Terrace Pointe, doormen, Hudson River views, manicured green areas, and wealth as far as the eye can see. It's the NYC that Mayor Bloomy and others would love to create. Kinda surreal. Like I walked into a condominium pamphlet. Envious? Probably. It was nice. But so is where I live. It just makes me wonder why the "haves" have so much, and that there are places that have so little and could have too w/ only a little bit of have sent their way. I went to pick up some used books from a Freecycler. She lived on the 34th Floor. And seriously, I think I take more time climbing the two flights of steps up to the 7 train platform than that elevator reaching the 34th floor. Amazing. The elevator was so fast I thought Willy Wonka managed the building.

No comments: