Monday, October 02, 2006

mellow jello

Just got home from a lovely evening with C. We saw "The Science of Sleep" at the Angelika and had some faux-Indian food afterwards. Gael Garcia Bernal shines, Michel Gondry is a genius. He is like the cinematic Roald Dahl. Garcia Bernal's character is a quirky inventor-dreamer artist that inverts reality with his dreams. For example, in one dream he's trying to ski but his feet are stuck in the slope. When he wakes from the dream, finds that his feet are in a freezer at the foot of his bed. The dreams are these intricate animation sequences using robotics and puppetry, among other things. So cool.

I got the job I wanted. I'm an editorial assistant at a major animal rights' organization. I start 10/9. I feel like I'm starting school again; as if summer vacation is about to end. I have one week to: do laundry, clean, and learn how to program my tv-vcr to record Live w/ Regis and Kelly, Judge Mathis, Martha, and The View. (That's how you know you're getting old: when you start wishing you were friends with Regis Philbin (fellow Bronxite), Rosie O'Donnell and Martha Stewart.) I also gotta get some work clothes. Ugh, I gotta find a way to avoid rush hour. Riding during rush hour is bad vibras--too many people loathing their existence all at once. Oh well. I'll figure something out. I get pet insurance, a discount and preferential appointments at the hospital too! It's a good thing I work in a satellite office, and not the main building, because I'd take every stray home.

Everything's good. Over and out. Happy Monday, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chica, that f-ing rocks, a job that fights animal cruelty and involves editing at the same tiempo?! m.

Anonymous said...

wow...a new job, now that is exciting...it sounds like a really cool opp. all the way, AND a new blog background to boot?... times they are a-changin' ! - m.