Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Things to do tomorrow...

1) Submit Latin Alternative paper
2) Work on other finals
3) See George Clooney for NYU's j-school students--5pm sharp!

What da hell am I talkin' about, you ask? Lemme get ya some ketchup...

12/07/05: Hi, Faculty and Students, If you have already sent me an e-mail saying you would like to hear George Clooney discuss his excellent Edward Murrow movie, please do so ASAP. If you have sent me an e-mail, that's fine. I have them all. The problem is that we have an auditorium that seats 125, plus some 70 seats in a horseshoe area outside the auditorium that can seat 70 who can watch on tv. And, while I have not counted, I have some 350 requests for tickets. I have a committee of two undergrad and two grad students who will help me decide how we distribute the tickets, but it will be something like this: xxx reserved for broadcast students. xxx reserved for students who regularly or often have attended Brown Bag gatherings and other friends of the Brown Bag program. xxx others to be determined through a lottery that the four students mentioned above will conduct.. I will have the tickets, and you must have a ticket to get in. May I ask this: No autographs and no photographs. We don't do that in journalism. Mr. Clooney asked that those who come have seen "Good Night...And Good Luck."I hope you have or will do this.
Prof. Serrin
Graduate Director)

Cut to now, a week later...

Subject
Re: Congrats, You've Got Clooney
Mistake - you guys get BLUE TICKETS which are for INSIDE the auditorium; my apologies.
Cheers.

-----Original Message-----

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:38:12 -0500
Subject: Congrats, You've Got Clooney
Hey everyone - I *just* finished the raffle, and you guys have been picked for seats at the Clooney shindig. Professor Serrin will be in his office on the FIFTH FLOOR after 10 a.m. TOMORROW, THURSDAY. In the afternoon, however, he will be either in his office or in ROOM 101 of the J-School. You are receiving BLUE TICKETS, which encompasses the horseshoe-shaped area around the main auditorium.We are starting at 5 PM SHARP on Thursday, so make sure you get there early. You will need to bring your TICKET and your STUDENT ID to check off the list of people who have been drawn to attend. I'm sorry, but friends husbands and moms cannot be scootched in with you; there is extremely limited space. Thanks for your patience, guys. I repeat Serrin's plea that we've done the best we could.

4) Then attend...

Event:
Transatlantic Dialogues
Moderator:
The Honorable Judge Baltasar Garzón (Of taking Pinochet to trial fame)

Description:
Closing Panel: New Political Policies for the Americas
Participants: Felipe Gonzlez, former President of Spain; Henry A. Kissinger, Ex-Secretary of State of the United States; Alvaro Uribe, President of Colombia; Ernesto Zedillo, Ex-President of Mexico;
Location:
Tishman Auditorium, NYU School of Law (entrance on MacDougal Street between West 4th and 3rd St)
Date:
Thu, December 15th
Time:
6:00 PM-8:00 PM

Daaamnnn I haven't seen this many thieves, murderers, and charlatans since the GOP convention came to town last year!

5) Countdown to the strike and the MAYHEM! Muhahahahaaaa

I betcha it'll be Y2K all over again. Y-two-bother, right? I dunno, maybe because it'll spare me a little of my fleeting sanity. Mind you, the actual chaos will totally make me regret that statement. Nevertheless, at this moment I view this strike as a potential "snow day." A subway day. An MTA day? Shiiiiiiiit... Armageddon could happen outside and I could give two shits. As long as they don't mess with my corner store, my heat, and my hard drive, I'm straight.

All I know is that there's gonna be some dramaaa tonight on the Top Model reunion. I can't wait. I hope Tyra(nt) leaves them alone and let's them do their thing instead of hogging all of the attention or smothering them. Dude they're so phony when she's around it's sickening. It's probably just gonna be a clips show anyway. And btw considering how much slack Tyra(nt) gives the models about flubbing lines, how come there are so many times during the show that she has voiceovers cover up what I can only assume are mistakes? I'll tell you, I'll even spell it out for you: Conspiracy. C-O-N-spiracy (An old In Living Color joke).

No comments: